Sunday, October 19, 2014

Basketball is my favorite sport, I like the way they dribble up and down the court‏

9-15-2014
Well, here I am.. dead tired. Haha we had a zone activity which was really fun today. We went to one of the only few churches in Chile that have a ¨gym¨ inside the church to play some sports. We played a little basketball, volleyball, and soccer. We just shot around before everyone got there, because nobody else really wanted to play basketball. Anyways it was soooo nice shooting inside. It was a carpet floor and I wouldn´t really say the hoops are actual hoops, but it´s all good. Then we played volleyball. My team KILLED it. I get really competitive and it was a nice change.. because I miss that :( It went well though but wow I´m out of shape. Okay so a little update for this week. On Saturday we had a mission wide service day. Our zone went to the cemetary here in Concepcion and cleaned up a little bit. There was a lot of evidence of the earthquake in 2010.. it was crazy. There were also like a bunch of locked up doors that lead to stairs that go beneath graves. I was in legit Call of Duty zombies, so I felt right at home. Just couldn´t find the mystery box or the Ray Gun.. but it´s all good. (Only Germs would understand that) Anyways I have a cool story from this week. Friday was a really long day... we had a lot of appointments that fell through and it just wasn´t a good day. At 9:20, 10 minutes before going into our house, we go to our last appointment in our apartment buildings.. Of course, it fell. My comp just sat down on the ground, and said let´s just go back a little early to start planning for the next day. I said no, we have 10 minutes left let´s go. So I start looking in my planner for any addresses we have of people we had talked to, and I find one. I had to convince my companion, but we went and knocked on a door. A lady opens up, and she´s crying. She said it was a shame we had to see her like that, but that she sometimes felt really alone. Anyways, we talked to her for a little bit outside, and wow, she´s awesome. She proceeds to tell us that she doesn´t drink, smoke, party, or live with someone in her apartment because she knows that´s not the right thing to do. Anyways, we set an appointment for Saturday. So Saturday, we go with a member, and she´s not there. We call her, and she tells us she was still working and to come back in 2 more hours. So, we pass by 2 hours later with a member, and she calls us and tells us she wasn´t going to make it. We invite her to church, and she says yes. So Sunday morning comes, and we go pick her up. She came to church, and she really liked it. In the Gospel Principes class, she wanted to give the prayer and was making a ton of dope comments. A recent convert named P that we´ve been visiting makes a comment about how she´s been having a tough time with her hair cutting business. I hear her say this every time we go over because she always complains about it. The church helped her out awhile, but then the bishop told her they couldn´t do it anymore. Anyways, Sunday afternoon, the investigator calls us and tells us that she has an idea to help P out. Anyways, we have an appointment tonight and we´ll see what happens. She´s really solid and we´re excited to keep working with her. We also found another good investigator, but some weekends she travels to Curanilahue, the same place J always travels to.   Anyways, that´s pretty much been what´s up with this week. 
 I  miss Elder S like none other. By the way, he wrote me and told me he never got a message from you on Facebook, and that he had already had his farewell... oh well. And yes, the C family came to give me my package yesterday! I was so excited to see that family.  I miss them so much. M told me ¨Elder Neilson.. how in the world is your brother Jon still single?!¨ hahaha so there ya go Jon, if you want ya know ;) But I got my shoes, shocks and peach rings. The rest, I´m sure she wasn´t able to bring. I´m gonna go as long as I can before I wear my new shoes, but I have a feeling that will be pretty soon haha. Anyways Mom, yes I will probably clean the house a lot when I get home. I´ve just learned how awesome our house really is. You really should have Jeremy make you some completos. Mom, you should also try and make some chilean empanadas... they´re so good! Also, the interview went well. It was like a whole 10 seconds! He didn´t even ask about me, just other missonaries in the zone haha. That´s crazy Kayla is already going home. Went by fast. That´s exciting that Brian and Robyn are on a cruise.. I´m so jealous. how are the kids doing? Quick question... is Teagan just messing around when he says he didn´t remember Tanner from before or is that legit? If so.. that means he won´t remember me either haha. Booooooooo. (Teaskie throws chip at TV.. Gran Turismo) Remember that Teaskie? Hopefully everything goes well with Robyn.. Seems like everything will be fine if she just gets checks up every so often. I´ll keep praying for her. How´s Grandma and Grandpa doing? How´s all the relatives doing? Steve? Dave? Julie?  What has everyone been up to?  Brielle is getting kinda red hair like me? Haha that´s cool.. and that´s cool Carter is loving preschool. He has Mrs. King? Wow.. is she really still teaching? To answer Heather´s questions about less than 6 months.. there´s some times where I´m ready to be home (for example when I get frustrated with the people I live with), but other times where I love being a missionary and am not ready to come home (like finding M). That´s how the mission is. Anyways thanks for all your letters and everything... hope all goes well and you guys continue to do work!!! Love you!!!!!


Day of Service-cleaning up the cemetery in Concepcion
10-13-2014


No comments:

Post a Comment