Monday, October 27, 2014

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEESSSSSS!!!

 Sounds like we´re having an exciting season!! Blackout game and a win right at the very end... oh my gosh I would have been going crazy.  That´s so sick though.. hopefully we can keep it going. One question I had.. do we lose a lot of key seniors this season? By the way.. thanks for all the updates.. and pictures. Love the pictures! LET´S GO!!!!!! What is the latest with the press and everything? Utah been getting a lot of attention? What are they ranked now? Sounds like the schedule coming up is pretty tough.. it´s the toughest schdule in the country right? Keep the updates coming! Also, Happy Halloween this week! They don´t celebrate it here... but I´m sure my nephews are excited to get a ton of candy... looking forward to the pictures of their costumes! 
           Okay for the update for this week. J and his son came to church again. They are doing really well and the son loves going to primary! He´s going to have an interview with another missionary on Wednesday to see what´s holding him back from getting baptized. It´s frustrating.. he loves everything.. and I even left him Alma 32 to read and he absolutely LOVED it. He told me it´s exactly what he needed. But for some reason he just doesn´t want to accept a date to be baptized yet. We´ll see what happens on Wednesday. M.. she´s also frustrating me. Everytime we visit her she starts talking about the Sabbath Day and how she thinks it should be on Saturday. She´s also looking for the actual evidence of the Book of Mormon. She says the ruins of the people in the Book of Mormon aren´t here and all that crap. It´s like oh my gosh.. she doesn´t even have internet so how would she even know? And yes, they are here. But whatever. She´s still going to institute and reading and everything, but wasn´t able to come to church. We told her we can´t teach her anymore until she feels okay with what we´ve already taught here and that everything is true. We talked about how she needs to look for the spiritual message in the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it´s true, but continues to break down every word. It´s like first she´s trying to destroy it first and if she can´t, she´ll believe it. But oh well, just continue to pray for her. We did have a talent show, and it went really well. J and B came, and really enjoyed it. At the last second, the young men´s president asked my companion and me to participate in a skit. This is the guy that has been trying to lose weight because he wants to serve a mission (he´s 25). Anyways he´s awesome and so we hurried and practiced downstairs. Let me just say, we were the hit of the night. We did an awesome skit, and after Jehu told me that I should be in Hollywood. That reminds me, a dude the other day saw a picture of Jeremy and said he looks like Jim Carrey. Anyways, hahaha I probably can´t send the video, but here´s what we did. My companion was the director, and basically a kid cut his arm, went to his dad, and the dad called the ambulance. The ambulance came, and took him away. But, everytime, the director didn´t like it. He kept changing it.. ¨no no no, we need more emotion!¨ We did it 5 times... (faster, slower, more emotion, hysterical, and normal.) Anyways, I was the ambulance and paramedic, and I just went all out. Needless to say, people thought it was the funniest thing in the world. Elder K, the senior missionary, filmed it with my camera, and you can hear him laughing sooo hard. Haha he said he wants to send the video into the mission to put it in on the Christmas video. Anyways, it was really fun. Okay, here´s a crazy story. On Thursday morning, my companion and I left early in the morning to go to the gym. As we were walking, a car flies by the side of us, turns in front of us, and slams on the breaks. 3 people get out of the car, with like FBI vests on, and shout at us, ¨HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACKS AND GET UP AGAINST THE CAR!!¨ I just look at my companion and we´re like WHAT THE FREAK? So they grab us and put us against the car and we´re like hey we´re missionaries!!! Then they look at us, and are like where´s your identification?? I, of course, didn´t have my Chilean license with me because we were just walking to the gym, but my companion did. I just point at my missionary plaque... I have... this. He´s like, ¨That´s not official identification.¨ Well no duh sherlock but I´m not whoever you think I am. Hahaha as soon as they realized we were different people, they were so quick to get into the car and they just drove off. After, a cop car drove by with the lights off really fast. Hahaha my bad luck never fails me. This coming week I don´t think there´s anything too exciting.. but that´s about it for the update. 
     Thanks for the family pictures.. the first one was the one I was talking about. I haven´t gotten my package yet, it hasn´t been there. We´re going again today, so we´ll if it´s there. Hopefully! As for the zone pictures, I don´t remember what I was laughing at haha. And the other one, I thought we were all doing a funny picture. Apparently I was hearing things because nobody else got that message.. Hahahaha :)
     
   Alright, well that´s about it. Happy Halloween, and good luck to my Utes next week. Hopefully we can keep it rolling and keep winning.  I love just my Utes and college football!!!! I love you all!!

I will now finish with one of my dreams: (This dream was from awhile ago.. so Grandma was in it)

¨We were walking along David Street and all of a sudden we feel a weird sensation as the whole ground shifts. All of a sudden a wave comes and gets our feet a little wet. All of a sudden we are on Gobernador (a street in Santa Sabina) and we´re running. I´m with my Mom, Dad, and Jon. We get to a random house and my grandma´s outside and asks my Dad to open to the door. My mom and dad think we´re far enough away and any more tsunami waves won´t reach us so they stay at my Grandma´s house. Jon and I think we should probahbly run further, so we do. We keep running running, and all of a sudden I see Jon look back, and his jaw just drops. I look back too, and there´s a GIGANTIC wave coming. He starts yelling at me that we need to turn left (there´s a small opening that leads to a different street) and we enter into a small bar. Then I woke up.¨ 

Yes I know Jon, I don´t know why you´re always in my dreams. 

P.S. I just got really good news. The elder from Santa Sabina.. just showed me a picture and GUESS WHAT? N´s husband GOT BAPTIZED!!!!! Oh my gosh.. I´m so happy haha. She goes to church every week, and they´re doing really well. The husband looked really happy. Their daughter went to the baptism too and is interested. The elder is going to send me the picture so I´ll see if I can send it to you guys next week. 

Zone Conference- October 2014

Trenton being a dork :)







No comments:

Post a Comment