Monday, October 20, 2014

BLACKOUT HELMETS.. SO SICK‏

 10-20-2014
   CONGRATZ TO MY UTES FOR THE BIG WIN IN CORVALLIS AGAINST OREGON ST. Double overtime.. sounds like it was an exciting game. Also sounds like the quarterbacks aren´t playing too hot.. but Booker sounds like a stud. Those blackout helmets are soooo legit. Wish I could see the game next week.. ugh. It´s okay. There´s always next season. I keep clicking on the picture to see the helmets cuz they´re that sick. Anyways, yes I am now 21, and it was basically just like any other day in the mission. At night, we just went and bought a bunch of dessert and stuff.  I have not gotten my package yet.. maybe it´s in the office right now I don´t know. We´re heading there after so I´ll see. As for our investigators, J and his son B came to church on Sunday. M wasn´t able to because she had to go visit her parents. J and B are progressing well, but still aren´t positive about baptism. This week, we have an interview set up with another missionary to see what´s up. M already had her interview, and wow, it´s a long story. Actually, she went to institute on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and absolutely LOVES it. She´s a really good investigator, but her only 2 doubts are: She doesn´t know if the Book of Mormon is true, and she thinks the Sabbath Day is Saturday. She´s been reading the Book of Mormon and everything she should, but she just doesn´t recognize her answer yet. It´s frustrating actually. We don´t really know what else we can do for her, so we talked a little bit and we´re going to quit teaching her for a week or two, and just invite her to go to institute and church. We figured if we keep teaching her the same thing and keep asking her if she´s gotten her answer, she´s just going to keep saying the same thing and never make a decision. So, we plan on telling her that today or tomorrow... whenever we can meet with her. We´ve found a couple new investigators this week, but we´ve just had 1 visit with them so I´ll keep you updated if they end up progressing a little bit. With that family whose Dad passed away.. we´ve only been able to visit them once since he passed away. I did share with them that recently my Grandma passed away, and I shared my testimony with them. I actually had only told one person my grandma had passed away, and that was Elder A, but I felt like I should tell them and share my testimony. Dad, if you would like to send an email or a letter, feel free. I can translate it if you want, or Jon, it doesn´t matter. I think they would actually enjoy that. One other thing... can someone send me through email the family picture? The one where we´re all wearing blue or gray or whatever? I´d like to print one off to show to investigators and less actives.. that´s one idea I had. Anyways, remember the letter if you do decide to send it, should be sent pretty soon cuz I might only be here for a month more.. I don´t know how long it takes for letters to get here. Less time I´m sure.. but just in case. Meet the Mormons. I knew it was coming out because I read about it on the church website, but nobody here even knows about it. Like 3/4 of the members here don´t even know there´s a church website, so it´s not too surprising. The song Glorious... yeah I have it on my phone. There´s actually a song that sounds just like David Archuleta that I always wondered if it was him.. I can´t remember if it was that one though. Mom, I´m glad you´re starting to feel better. That was a cool story to hear about your prayer that was answered. It´s always cool to see us receive blessings, but they always come after demonstrating our faith. Thanks for keeping the blog updated.. one question is what´s going on with my facebook? You did end up figuring out the password right? That seems to be the case, since you sent me updates on what people had said. About picking me up..yeah if you guys just want to save up for Disneyland, it´s all good. Disneyland is dope. But if you´re like my companion´s grandpa, you guys can do the both. Okay I´ll explain that: Last night, my companion actually told me that his grandpa, 7 years ago, won Kino.. or basically the lottery. He wasn´t exactly sure how much money he won, but it was apparently at least over 5 million dollars. Haha oh my gosh... and his mom is the only child, and the grandpa has bought every single grandson a car, their own house, and just everything. Haha I was like oh my gosh how lucky can you get. Anyways, just a cool story.   Tomorrow, we have zone conference which should be fun.  Anyways we went to the gym today again.. we try to go Monday-Friday. There´s a personal trainer there.. she´s a chick and she always corrects me on how to do the exercises. Yes, my pride gets shot every time. Anyways I hope Brian had a good birthday and everyone else is doing well. We have a talent show this Friday combined with another ward in the stake, and it should be interesting. Not a whole lot of people from our ward are going to participate, but apparently the other ward a lot of people are going to. We aren´t going to be doing anything.. I don´t have any talents that consist of me standing on a stage and doing something cool, or else I would :)  Sorry, this letter sucked. It´s hard every week thinking of new stuff that happened, when basically nothing new really does happen haha. RISE AND GRIND. Good luck to my Utes again this week against USC. One more win and we´re bowl eligible. LET´S GO. How´s the rest of the Pac-12 panning out? Well, if I think of anything else, I´ll hit you up with another email... but know that I love all of you and hope all is well!

Random p.s. I have a dream journal. I thought to make my letters more interesting, I could maybe include a dream I had this past week. 

¨I had some type of device that I held onto to make me fly. It was so awesome. I was legit flying and it felt so good. I landed, then I took off again with a different device a little more uncomfortable. I was scared I was going to let go and fall. I saw a tree coming with a small gap with no branches or leaves, but I knicked a branch and it slowed me down a ton. I was miracously okay though. Then, I landed, and retook off, but very gently and softly. I barely got off the ground, but high enough that a dog kept barking and trying to bit my leg. I tried acting like I was bending down to grab a rock to throw at it, but it didn´t work. All I could do was keep kicking it in the face with my shoe. I saw Jon closeby, so I started screaming his name so he could help me. He didn´t. Then I woke up.¨

No comments:

Post a Comment