Sunday, October 19, 2014

Again, I love you Grandma Neilson!‏

10-6-2014
Hey everyone. How are you all? I hope all is well. The President let me know Saturday night after priesthood session that Grandma had passed away. I´m sad.. and yes it´s hard. I was thinking as I neared the end of my mission that I would get to see her again, but she was needed somewhere else at this time. I know like you said Mom, she´s happy know because she´s free from that mental bondage she was in. One question I have now is how´s grandpa doing? I was thinking about him the other day. How´s his health? I hope he´s doing okay. I don´t know why, but the other day I got the urge just to sit down with him and take a pen and a notebook, and learn more about his life. I think that would be cool. Anyways tell him that I love him and am praying for him. Thanks for sending the obituary.. I enjoyed reading it. Man, I wish I could be at the funeral. I think that´s the hardest thing.. just knowing I can´t be with everyone right now. How´s Dad doing? Well, this week was a little tough for me, but something that helped me and will continue to help me is thinking about how other people need this knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I know Grandma is watching me and wanting me to continue to work hard, and not feel bad. I just imagine her so happy right now feeling relieved from her pains, and being with her loved ones on the other side.  

  General Conference was awesome. I received an answer to all 3 of my questions I had which was cool. I was able to watch it in English with the other people in my zone, and also with the President for the priesthood session. I really enjoyed it, and I hope you guys all did too. I´m glad Mom, that you were able to write down some questions, and that you received your answers. "I" did end up getting baptized, so that was cool. I´m glad he was able to receive his answer and decided to make the decision. For the general conference, we had a special goal for the zone. We taught zone class last week, and we put the goal to have 20 investigators attend general conference with a baptismal date. For the past 3-4 weeks, we´ve had about 3 or 4 investigators in total in church with a date. This goal was really high, but we were determined to elevate the faith of the missionaries here. Being in this zone (known as the toughest zone in the mission) sometimes gets to missionaries and they think it´s impossible. The President and his wife actually came to the class, and they loved the goal we put. We said if we got the goal, we would make a really nice breakfast for the whole zone. The President loved it so much, that he said if we got the goal, we could do the breakfast in his house. Everyone worked their butts off this week, but we weren´t quite able to reach the goal. We had the people to do it, but at the end some people just weren´t able to come. We did however, improve a ton. We had 11 people in General Conference with a baptismal date. We, in our sector, had 4. M, J and his son B, and E. B is now 8 (birthday was on October 1st) and E is now 9 (daughter of a less active). M went to the Saturday afternoon session, and the other 3 the Sunday afternoon session. It seemed like for exactly what each person needed, they just so happened to go to the right session. It´s awesome how that all ¨just worked out¨ Anyways we gotta keep working hard to make sure we as a zone can keep bringing these people to church. This morning, the President came to our house to bring us muffins as a thanks for all our efforts this week. He actually went to every house in the zone to give muffins to the missionaries, which was awesome. I love the President and his wife... they´re such good people. As for changes this week, I will be staying here in Laguna Redonda. My companion as well, will be staying. Elder A will be leaving, and a Chilean will be replacing him.   With my journal, I have been horrible. I sometimes write for days in the past to try and catch up, but after a long day I just do not feel like writing in it. It sucks.. because I know I will want to look back on it like you said. For now, I will put the goal to be good at writing in my journal. Also, I´ll have all the letters I´ve written home, so that should be good. Well Mom, good luck in your surgery. I´ve been praying for you so that all goes well, and will continue to pray for you. Thanks for everything, and let me know if there´s anything I can do for you guys. I thought it was cool about Robyn´s baby girl... Grandma really did love babies. She always said,¨Well isn´t he just the cutest little thing?¨ Like you said, she probably went right there when she got there. Well family, I love you all and hope all is well. I can´t be at the funeral, but just know that I wish I could and I´ll be thinking of you guys and Grandma. Once again, tell Grandpa that I love him and miss him. I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment