Sunday, October 19, 2014

Love you Grandma‏

9-29-2014
Today, more than anything, after hearing about the bad news, I would like to send a different type of letter home. I know everything happens in God´s time. It´s not what we want, or what someone else wants, it´s what God needs. We can´t be selfish, and we need to learn to trust in God. On my mission up until now, I have grown to love this Gospel and the knowledge it brings. The knowledge of the Plan of Salvation is one of the things I treasure the most. I´m big on the family, as I love all of you guys so much, and I´m forever grateful to have the opportunity to live with each and every one of you forever. Before coming to this earth, we know we all lived with our Father in Heaven. We did not have bodies, but we all knew each other. We were not able to progress there, and that´s why we are here on the earth. God sent us to here to receive a body, and to pass through many trials and afflictions. As I´m sure all of you know, this life is not easy. In the eternal scheme of things, we are here for about 4 minutes.. such a short amount of time. However, these 4 minutes we have here are so very important. We must learn to submit to God´s will, and to keep his commandments. We must have faith, repent, be baptized, receive the Holy Ghost, and ENDURE to the end. The end of what? Not only this life, but to the END. God knew we would make mistakes, so he provided the perfect plan for us. His Son. Jesus Christ was sent to the earth to establish the church, leave us his teachings, and atone for our sins. We will never ever fully understand what he did for us. What we do know however, is that he suffered every single pain, affliction, and temptation that we have felt, so that we can repent and be clean from our sins. We know very well, that these 4 minutes at some point, must come to an end. It is sad, yes, but if we can understand the whole plan that our Father in Heaven has provided for us, we will be able to keep moving forward with that end goal in mind: Eternal life with our families in the presence of God. Something incredible is that we will all be resurrected. It does not matter what decisions we make in this life, it is a free gift from God. Every single person will have a perfect body. Nobody will have any scars, pains, cancer, alzheimers, or anything like that. What we will have though, is a knowledge of everything we did on the earth. If we have kept the commandments and have done what God asks of us, we will be judged according to that and live forever in the Celestial Kingdom. We don´t need to worry about the other kingdoms. All we have to do is worry about what we need to do here or what we need to change, so we can live eternally with our families and God. As we learn from one of my favorite scriptures that I have grown to love out here in D&C 14:7, we will have eternal life, which is the greatest of all the gifts of God. I know the Plan of Salvation is true, and I know the happiness it brings to each and every one of us. I have seen it change lives, and it gives us a greater purpose on this earth. I know for a fact there is more after this life, and I´m so grateful for that.

I just want Grandma to know that I love her and she raised one heck of a son. I know when God calls her to go, she will be going to a better place, and a greater joy than she can imagine is awaiting her. I know it. 


This past week was just a regular week. Nothing too exciting. M wasn´t able to come to church because she left town to go celebrate her Dad´s birthday. She is doing really well though. She says if she finds that the Book of Mormon agrees with the Bible, she´ll get baptized. I´m not too sure what her doubts are because our last 2 visits with her I had to go to some interviews. I went to go do an interview with a 20 year old kid from Ecuador on Friday. He had a baptismal date but the missionary told me he didn´t think he was ready. As I started the interview, he told me he no longer had the desires to get baptized. I talked with him for awhile, and he said he just didn´t feel like he needed to do it. We read some scriptures, and at the end, I left him a chapter to read from the Book of Mormon. I told him to read it, and pray about it after. I also helped him to recognize an answer to his prayers. I found out on Sunday from the other missionary, that he showed up to church. His name is "I" by the way. He went up to the missionary, told him he had read the chapter I left him, prayed, and that he wanted to get baptized. That made me happy and I´m glad he is going to make the decision.Anyways, we have changes next week, and we´re not sure what´s going to happen. I figured I would be with the argentines another change, but again the President told us today that he´s going to lower some zone leaders to train the new missionaries. With my comp only have 2 changes left, we think he might leave to go train. It would be weird because he´s only been here 1 change.. but it could happen. Or I could leave... it´s all up in the air. Elder A will probably be leaving too.. I´ve become really good friends with him. Anyways, I´ll let you guys know next week. The council thing was good today.. we talked about how to better work with the members. Then after, we went to go play some volleyball with all the leaders. Me and Hermana R were on the same team, and we killed it. Haha we just set it to each other all the time and just wrecked the other teams :) I don´t know what else happened this week. As for this coming week, I´m really excited for General Conference. Once again, I would like to invite you all to write down a list of questions to want answered while you watch the conference. Don´t forget the Saturday sessions.. they´re usually the best ;P Sounds like Utah Football hasn´t changed much.. choking in Pac-12 play. Freaking offense. Playing not to lose has killed them for the past freaking 5 years. I think maybe hiring a coach that plays to win and plays aggresive wouldn´t hurt. Oh well... maybe they can turn it around and make a bowl game. As for the packages Mom, whatever you decide to do I´m fine with. I definitely won´t complain about a package tho.. :)  Anyways I love you all and I´ll talk to you all next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment