Sunday, October 19, 2014

AVA‏

10-13-2014
Well, where do I even start this letter? Wait I know.. how I usually do. Hello everyone! I don´t have a whole lot to update you guys on this week... it´s just been a regular week. First off, I want to thank you all for the letters and the happy birthday wishes. I even.. wait a minute... I just want you guys to hear me out on this one.... I even got a letter from the great JEREMY! I know I know... I´m pretty special :) just kidding Jeremy.. by the way.. that news about Angels and Airwaves coming out with a new CD got me soooooo excited you don´t even know. Soooo sick. I´m glad Grandma´s funeral went well. I wish I would have known my letter would have been read in the funeral.. I would have written more :/ I thought that was cool that all of Grandma and Grandpa´s grandsons served missions.. half of them in Chile. That´s awesome. I really wish I could have been at the funeral.. the memory Trevor shared about Grandma talking about Robyn´s brownies seriously made me laugh out loud. Oh my gosh... I remember that.. so freaking hilarious.  Anyways I really enjoyed all the pictures... thanks for everything! Also Mom, I´m glad everything is going well for you now... that´s not good about the infection but I hope you´re starting to feel better now. Just know I´ve been praying for you every day. I can´t believe I turn 21 tomorrow. It hasn´t really hit me.. every day is basically the same here. I don´t think I´ll be doing anything special tomorrow.. just the usual. If I could I would bake a cake.. but I´m in Chile and we don´t have an oven haha. My last birthday in the mission.. time passes by so fast. Anyways for the update for this week. We had M, J, and his son B come to church this week. M is progressing really well. We fasted with her on Sunday so that she can receive an answer to her prayers. She has 2 doubts: She thinks the Sabbath Day is on Saturday and... she doesn´t know if the Book of Mormon is true. In fact, the other day she said after she prayed, she felt really bad, and felt that the Book of Mormon was false. I know it´s normal and part of the mission, but when she said that I almost freaked out because I was so offended hahaha. Freak.. THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE. Anyways we´re working with her.. but she´s already been baptized twice by immersion in other churches so it´s been a little difficult. When she reads the Book of Mormon, every single word or the way it was phrased was suspicious to her. We´ve gotten her to try and focus on the MESSAGE and not the physical evidence of everything. Anyways, just pray for her. J and B are doing well too. J just says he wants to be sure sure before he gets baptized. He likes reading the Book of Mormon.. he´s a really smart guy. He said the other he doesn´t think the Book of Mormon could be false because of how well it is written and so sophisticated. Haha our investigators right now like physical evidence of stuff. E wasn´t able to come to church because her dad was a little sick. We´ve gained their trust a lot and we´re working well with them.  I´ll keep you guys updated. We went and played soccer again today as a zone... after we went to the gym so I´m so worn out right now. By the way Mom, changes were last week.  So Mom, in 5 more weeks we have changes again, and I imagine I´ll probably be leaving Laguna Redonda to finish in my last sector. Anyways I can´t think of much else to report.. we´re just working hard and I´m trying to keep my house under control haha. I also want to wish Brian a happy birthday on the 19th!!!!! Next Monday will be the 20th so I wanted to take advantage this week.. I hope all goes well and you enjoy the day! Freak.. Brian is such a baller. There´s also one more thing I need.... I got a letter from the mission asking for some information. I will forward it home so you guys can see.. although it´s in Spanish. Anyways I need to fill it out and send it back as soon as possible.. but I needed to ask you guys. Anyways...

It asks me for this information: 

1. Where the nearest airport to my house is
2. Your email
3. The name of our stake and the name of stake president.
4. If you guys have moved since I´ve been gone. (Did they really ask me this?) Jk.... :) 

AND....

5. If I´m going to be travelling with my parents.. or anyone else for that matter.I guess what I´m getting at is.... is anyone planning on coming to pick me up? 

And that´s all the information that I need... Obviously I only need the full name of Kelly and whether or not anyone is coming to pick me up.. I know the rest... Duh.. I´m almost 21. 

Anyways I love you all and again.. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!

One more thing that I forgot.. lately we have been visiting a family that attends church in a different city but live here. Their dad was the first branch president, and was a faithful member all his life. He had been sick for a long time.. and we always visited them because they have been devastated. About a week and a half ago.. the doctors said they could no longer do anything and that they just needed to wait until he passed away. He was in the house for awhile, and we visited him on Thursday night I believe. He wasn´t doing very well. He was just laying in his bed, hardly able to breath or talk. He manages to whisper... ¨blessing.¨   So... we gave him a blessing. The next morning, the daughter calls me thanking me for everything, and said that her dad had passed away during the night. She was crying.. and I felt so bad and didn´t really know what to tell her. Anyways, they´re a good family, and we´re going to be passing by to see how they´re doing. 


Grandma Neilson's funeral program
10-10-2014
Trenton was an honorary pallbearer

No comments:

Post a Comment