Sunday, October 19, 2014

GO UTES! 3-0‏

9-22-2014
Hello everyone! How´s it all going? I´m here once again just to let you all know. By the way, CONGRATZ to my Utes! Getting a W at the Big House. Sick. Okay so funny story here... Friday I was laying in my bed just relaxing when all of a sudden Elder A says, hey this kid looks like a nice returned missionary that just got married to a really good looking wife. I´m like let me see... then I get the Liahona.. and I start looking at the picture and I´m like..... WAIT A MINUTE.... THAT´S MY COUSIN!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha freaking Jordy Marshall and Melissa are in the Liahona. Elder A felt like the biggest idea and I was laughing soooooooooooo hard I can´t even explain it. I´m sure they knew they were going to be in there... anyways I don´t know if it´s in the Ensign or what not too but it was so random. Haha it´s a decent sized picture too. If it´s not in the Ensign or you can´t find it, I´ll take a picture next week. Okay now that I finally got to tell you guys that story, I´ll give you an update on the investigators. This week was a little difficult with all the 18th of September. A lot of people weren´t home and what not, but we were able to bring 2 investigators to church. One was M, and the other is named M. M is Evangelico.. Evangelist? I don´t know. Anyways we´ll keep working with her but mostly M is progressing the most. She has already been baptized twice, but she is in the process of praying to see if she needs to get baptized again. She´s awesome, and is loving coming to church. Her idea was to make fliers for P and post them everyone, so we just need to find out the prices of the haircuts and she´s going to do it. A couple of members came up to us and mentioned that from the 1st time she came to church, they felt like she would get baptized and be a really good member. Let´s hope they´re right.. we just gotta keep working with her. J has been out of town for like a week, but gets back today. We´re going to go visit him tomorrow and see what´s up. We´ve had contact with him on the phone, and he seems to be doing fine. Other than that, we are still working hard to find more investigators. 
 Anyways, the 18th of September was pretty fun. We went to the activity for 2 hours, and watched some dances. I feel like last year in Yungay was better, just because it was a little town and everything was going on in the plaza. But it was good, and we ate a barbecue for lunch. We´ve eaten a ton of empanadas.. and mote con huesillo. It´s like stewed corn with a peach in a peach juice kinda. It´s pretty good actually.. but I miss the desserts from home.. much better :)  Haha actually the other day, a guy opened his door after we knocked, and started yelling at me telling me that he doesn´t associate with people from the United States, because they´re of the devil. I was like oh that´s cool, but I´m from Canada. He was like.. oh okay you´re okay then. Hahahaha my comp was laughing so hard. 
 What else.... I don´t know. Mom, about the package for Christmas.. I was thinking the same thing. Just save the money for some clothes or a phone or something.. I don´t know. For my birthday, I don´t really NEED anything. It´s always nice getting a package, but if you also wanna save the money it´s all good.. I won´t mind. I loved the pictures of the Chilean celebration.. another day you´ll have to make some empanadas.. they´re so good. I´m sick of them now because we´ve eaten about 30 the past few days, but still. I also LOVED the videos Trevor sent me of the dance party... I freaking loved the Die Young video of them playing the drums. I love all them so much. CAN´T WAIT to hang out with them again. That´s too bad Tanner´s grandpa passed away... Tanner said he went downhill pretty fast.. :/ Thanks for the update on the extended family... that sucks we don´t really get together much anymore.. but I´m glad Grandpa has those people living with him and helping him out. I´m jealous you guys got to see Elder Holland speak at the rededication.. I´m excited for General Conference and know we will hear a lot of great talks. Anyways that´s all I can think of for now... if I think of anything else I´ll hit you guys up with another email. Oh by the way, we started hitting up the gym. I´m gonna be buying some protein today Mom since I wasn´t able to get the other stuff.. and it´s expired. We went today and I´m already sore haha. It´s like 30 bucks a month... is that cool? Figured I could afford to gain some weight ya know? :) Anyways I love you all so much.. and thanks for all the letters and updates. I´ll talk to you guys all next week!!

p.s. I´m glad the boys got their letters, and Dad for his birthday.

p.s.s. Hayden´s dance moves are so legit

p.s.s.s. Utah´s jerseys/helmets are SICK

No comments:

Post a Comment